Open a Stocks and Shares ISA
Investment account: Stock and Shares ISA
Stocks and Shares ISA Application
Filling in the application takes about 10 minutes. Start from as little as ￡25 per month.
As this will be the first time you’ve paid into your Stocks and Shares ISA in the current tax year, you’ll have to confirm that you agree to the ISA declarations. It shouldn’t take any longer than 5 minutes.
This won’t impact your existing account – any contributions to this year’s ISA will appear as normal.
Before opening an account, you should be:
- Comfortable choosing your own investments
- Confident making long-term investment decisions
- Free from significant debt (other than a mortgage)
- Clear on our charges and the tax benefits of a Stocks and Shares ISA
- Over the age of 18
- UK resident for tax purposes
If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, please ask us about financial advice. There's no personal advice on our website.
To apply online you must be a UK resident, if you are not resident in the UK please contact us for more information.
What you need to know
- Investments can go up and down in value so you could get back less than you put in. Any income your investments pay can change over time.
- Tax rules for ISAs can change, and their benefits depend on your circumstances.
What you need to have to hand
- Your National Insurance number.
- Your debit card details, if you’d like to open your ISA with cash. The minimum amount is £100.
- Your bank details, if you’d like to set up monthly payments. The minimum monthly amount is £25.
By opening an HL ISA, you agree to our terms, so please make sure you’ve read and understood our: , Terms and Conditions with Tariff of Charges (PDF) and Key Features (PDF) and the risks. Please contact us if you have any questions.